Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday Night Blogging

Tis the weekend, so I'm trying out various recipes. Tonight's was the Whole Wheat Fettucini with Raw Tomato Sauce from The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles. Making this recipe led to an important discovery: I do not like raw tomato sauces. Now, to be sure, I'm thankful for this discovery. No longer will I go to a restaurant, and God Forbid, waste money on a raw tomato sauce dish I hate. But all the same...after all the chopping and anticipation, I'm pretty disappointed. The author talks a lot about the sorry state of tomatoes in the U.S., and actually prefers to make tomato sauces with canned tomatoes (apparently fresh are really that bad). I just hate making a dinner and then well...hating it. In any case, the book is quite good, I highly recommend it.

I've also been tuning in to the Food Network recently. Can I just bitch about something?

I hate Emeril. Emeril drives me crazy. The idea of a cooking show with a live, all black jazz band, just strikes me as so...contrived. But moreso, his persona irritates me. You can tell he really believes he's hot stuff. The audience is even worse -- they clap and cheer in an totally absurd manner. In the episode I watched tonight Emeril was adding vodka to the dish, and everytime he did the audience went wild. Who are these people? Are they an AA group brought for kicks? I mean, really, it's just alcohol. But they were acting like kids at a frat party when a new keg comes in.

One more thing: does anyone know if they have a vegetarian cooking show on Food Network? The recipes primarly depend on meat, which leaves this vegetarian out in the cold.

Well, that's all for now...guess I'll scrounge around the kitchen to redeem my taste buds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home