Thursday, September 01, 2005

Words fail

In light of my last post, I must put something up. It's nothing, it's the smallest possible gesture, but I have to make it, because my heart is breaking right now hearing, watching, and reading the unbelievable nightmare befalling one of our cities.

There is no room for thinking about everyday things, and any suffering I am undergoing is beyond miniscule in comparison. I wish so much that I lived near this area so I could open my home to these people. I wish so much that I could do more than sit here, aghast at this fucking country, and the cruelty of this world that lets the privileged escape disaster while the poor and black might starve by the thousands as they're being completely ignored.

I am so angry, and so sad, and I hate that the only thing I can do is give money. God help us all.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous StealthBadger said...

Reach out to those near you, and find people around you you can trust. Find what warmth you can, and keep yourself sane and whole. It's the best thing you can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home