Monday, October 03, 2005

I've done it!

Eegads, I've done it!

By which I mean I set up the wireless connection in my home, and now I can happily blog from any place in my house. This is much preferred to sitting in our terribly insulated playroom, which is either hot and humid or freezing depending on the unpredictable KC weather.

The best thing is the Kansas City weather prediction for the next three days:

Monday
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tuesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph and gusty. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Breezy. Much cooler. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Yes! Chance of thunderstorms every day! Thunderstorms are my absolute favorite, and after four years in coastal California, with a grand total of three thunderstorms...let's just say I'm liking the forecast.

In other news, I'm off to figure out who the hell this Harriet Miers is. I heard something about being a lawyer? And thinking that the president was the most brilliant man she had ever met. Yeah, something like that.

1 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 8:08 PM, Blogger StealthBadger said...

Yay, go you! (on the whole wireless thing)

As far as Miers... she creeps me out. Sort of like Tammy Faye Baker meets Cruella DeVille. I wrote a long, partially humorous, partially serious piece that I'm not quite happy with, but does a so-so job of getting my ambivalence across. It's a bit long, but I'd be curious as to your opinion.

I will say this much. Everyone who actually does vote to confirm her should be tarred and feathered - She may be a great lawyer... But... well... read the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home