Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF Health Stat

Via Matthew Holt, some encouraging poll numbers for the weekend from the Wall Street Journal:
The poll also showed high support for policies or practices that are considered more controversial. Eighty-seven percent of those polled say they support funding of international HIV prevention and treatment programs, while 75% favor universal health insurance, compared with 17% who oppose it. Another 70% support embryonic stem-cell research, compared with about 19% who oppose it.


So, encouraging public opinion polling. Not that it's new -- public support for national health insurance, especially in the last five years, has always been overwhelming positive. Just good to see it's still there.

I've been battling a nasty cold the past couple days, and I expect it'll keep my blogging under the weather this weekend. The posts shall come more freely once I can breathe out of my nose again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home